Potato Gratin Dauphinois Featuring Kendall Farms Crème FraîcheFebruary 24, 2014
Crème Fraiche, a sumptuous cultured cream product available at Pacific Cheese, is one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen for chefs. Here, crème fraiche surrounds layers of thinly sliced fresh potatoes creating a rich and creamy sauce. This hearty dish is perfect to serve with a slice of ham and a glass of white wine.
Potato Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
1 lb Yukon gold potatoes
1 cup Kendall Farms Crème Fraîche
garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Rub the gratin dish with garlic. Butter the gratin dish.
2. Thin the crème fraîche with a little milk. The crème fraîche should be pourable.
3. Peel the potatoes. Slice thinly in even rounds. Use a mandoline. Rinse the potatoes in cold
water. Dry in a cloth.
4. Put the potatoes in even layers in the gratin dish. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour over the thinned Kendall Farms Crème Fraîche.
6. Bake uncovered for one and one-half hours at 325 degrees F. For the last 10 minutes, turn
the oven up to 400 degrees F to produce a golden crust.
Serve with a slice of ham and a glass of white wine.